::Saturday, July 29, 2006::

Altandhu.....still

well..

two weeks ago, I set myself a date to be finished on the beach here. that date was this coming monday. after just taking another stroll up my stones (as the last three or four days ahve been spent on the risen bank sorting, stripping and slahing the masses gathered entangled rope which was pulled out of the stones by tractor) and to my demise I now see no way it can be done on Monday. I've said it before, but I'll say it again . . . this beach is a mess and I can not bring myself to leave it in the state that it is. last saturday, a resident of altandhu, brian - who has bee a phenomenal help on the mission - and seasonal residents Billy & Barb, Grant and Nikki and girls all down for a day, and what an incredible difference a few more bodies makes!! These guys deserve to be commended for their efforts and are an inspiration not only to myself but to anyone who has seen the coasts in a state of dissaray. Well Done!!

To all the community of Altandhu, I put a huge thankyou to! Without the support - food, verbal and of course, drink ( I am feeling a little worse for wear though, excessive consumption some might say, I'll have a break for a few years now..)- it could not have been possible!!

Another one of those little moments of coincidence or chance has come about..a random unintroduced meeting of a couple on their honeymoon in the Am Fauran pub, has now brought about the offer support of sponsorship by an environmental consultancy private company called JIG. the details make me smile, but won't go into them, all i'll say is that now with their help, I will be able to continue the beaches through the dreary months of winter! marvellous..so the sponsorship came, exactly whe it was needed (my tent poles have snapped in three different places after an attempt to preserve them in gale force winds, i ended up doing the damage putting it back up again..)

so..aach..nae bother..i'll be off now and write some more when my stones are sparkling..



**and to Gayle, I have heard about the beach at Thurso, I'll be there, dont know when though. thanks for the donation!!

Post a Comment

<< Home