::Tuesday, May 23, 2006::

Day 14

Day 14 - Tim in Bunessan

Started off grand!! record time packing up. nice and early. feeling strong. 20 miles ahead of me today. no problems!!

Although....

Those of you who know me, please raise your hand if I, Tim Lock, should not be allowed to own a seriously sharp Leatherman Knife...please note my raised hand.
After getting the knife to sharpen my "weapon of death" it was aptly named (walking stick) to stab my prey (trash), my seconf purpose was unknown, until I pulled out an orange and thought "Aha!! peeling to be done"
There is now a red, bloodied bandage on my left thumb..thank god for my quick reactions and first aid kit, otherwise I would have had a thumb a couple of millimetres shorter than my other. In unicen please "tim..you idiot". I am a walking talking breathing bleeding marketing tool for Leatherman right now. They are aweomse everyone should have one!!

You should see me, bandage on my left thumb and middle finger (wodd gathering - grabbed a thorn bush - slice), both black with ash along with the rest of my hands from fighting with the fire. Covered in scatches - 17 on both hands at the minute three quite deep. Red hair now, and as always caked with mud. In fact looking around, evertything is covered in ash. My camera. My food. My drink. I'm surprised the mini wading hole next to me doesn't have a solid coat.

But, I am sitting in paradise. Waterfall three metres to my right (washing away the ash i suppose), sheltered rocky fireplace, about to munch on a delicately made sandwich (leatherman knife involved) and a hot choco. what else could you want after two days and 25 odd miles on foot. I am just outside of Bunessan I think on the Isle of Mull. About 12 miles or so from Iona.

But I did get a boost of reassurance and confidence from Paul today. Walking along, as I do..and Paul, Debbie and their son Josh were waiting around the corner for, obviously had seen my placard "CLEAN UP SCOTLAND" on my pack. Nice hot bed. Cold beer. Good food. Was the offer on the Isle of Erraid. An almost fully self sufficient organic island 1 mile square same port as Iona. . . . "these times will come Tim. Be strong. Not fuel!!!" I thought to myself. So I contined walking with the buzz that someone actually paid attention to what I was doing of just trying to avoid me or hit me with their death on wheels machine.

tim out.

Quote of the day -


some'in or other..I'll get back to you.

Anonymous Anonymous thought ...

Who gave you such a sharp knife? I know I was concerned about you cruising off without one but the slice and dicer?? Great to hear from you, we think of you often here. Want some goss? Jacek is back from Poland, we celebrated Janelle's birthday on Monday night and Alex wants you to know he has a headache. Monday night was extreme Tim. Extreme. I will regale you with stories of my drunkenness and public nudity next time we chat ;)
Kia kaha e hoa!
Love,
Heather.

7:39 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home