::Tuesday, May 23, 2006::

Day 13

it's been a while since my last post..so here it is..

After 4 days sitting at Oban waiting for postage of promotional stuff for my walk to arrive, which never did, and recovering from my 43km..the frustration set in. I was angry, easily rattled and lost touch of perpective. It's amazing how quickly life on the move becomes more than just a routine..it becomes a necessity almost. Having my little river bed fire and cozy tent to sleep in became so beautiful, I missed it. And unfortunately, I took it out on someone I loved.

But as soon as I don'd the new boots and began walking again, it all came back. Calm, collected Sanity.

Crossing the Mull Straight I think it was called by ferry, my next destination was The Island of Iona off the west coast of the Isle of Mull some 37 miles away.

Only could manage six today, lame I know. But I started off weak and it got me..especially when I found a glorious little spot to set up camp just off the winding roads of the Mull.

There is little to no traffic on these parts and I feel I will be passing the same bus drivers a few times over the next few days.

Gary from the servo, gave me directions to a place to camp - "when to road cuts right through the valley....long sweeping....two lochs....track which dips off tto the left...past the cattle grid... I look sheepishly at him as I was aware that once again I had zoned out.

...he repeated...I walked.

obviously I didn't make it to where he said, but follow your insinctis eh, and thats just what I did.

Beautiful spot. And I learned more about myself by watching the fire I lit than I had in the past years I feel. When all you have surrounding you is the simplicity of nature you learn to undertsand it and yourself... (let's make that the quote of the day)

tim out

Post a Comment

<< Home