::Wednesday, May 24, 2006::

Day 16

Day 16 - Tim on the Isle of Iona

Spectacular place. Ferocious weather. Wonderfully collected people.

Every time I have had a moment of de-motivation, someone has come along and smiled at me. perfection in timing everytime.

Seeking serenity for silence is pointless if you live with a messy mind.

Iona, being the wonderous place it is, I spent my time painting, sweeping and plucking thistles from the farm land. It uplifted me more so than standing on the highest cliff overlooking the widest oceans. Because I knew that it is only my heart that tells me of happiness, not the waves. Don't get me wrong, my appreciation for the beauty that is inside and out is as high as ever. But I have found a new way of observing.

I love this walk. The barter system on which I am living requires me to work, everyday. For meals, shower, internet. everything. Nothing is for free. I am not a charitable cause, and it is absolutely fantastic. I have removed all elemensts of economics from my life and for a brief moment I am removing from the lives of the people who I work for.

In a couple of weeks I will be in Fort william, about 250km away. then i will pump this walk in the media. my aim is to make finding tim a national experience.

If you see me, give me your trash!

I walk the roads, cleaning up the mess left there.

someone has to do it.

tim out

Blogger Stuart thought ...

we're all the way with you Tim. Are you takin' snaps on the way?

12:23 pm BST  
Blogger somewhereinscotland thought ...

sure am s2.

thanks for the support!

"24mm Scotland" is comin'.

1:03 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home