::Tuesday, January 23, 2007::

What I was waiting for!!

Day 11 in Söderäsens brought a wonderful sky full of fluttering little friends all trying desperately to get to the ground to play their part in carpeting this many tones of brown forest with a single tone of wishful white..

For hours and hours it snowed. Winter is upon us in Sweden. Thew temperature dropped dramatically over night. The windows frozen, the door stiff. and the forest is now changed into itsd angelic winter state!

Every now and then, as you walk through the thick white, you can spot little patches of brown where my little birds from last weeks have come and pulled together thweir forces to up turn the snow in search of the daily meals. Where they havn't upturned the snow they have groomed it for a more comfortable stroll for the two legged upright visitors.

I can say quite confidently now that it is here to stay.

The one other thing I was waiting for in Sweden after 12 or 13 days was the moon, and on the same eve as the snow it also shone its graceful silver sliver dance in the sky, illuminated by the distant and powerful ball of flame we all so desperately depend upon.

I'll keep saying it until I am told to leave (and even then, but with a clenched fist toward the evictors - no..not really, I'll smile at them with pleasure for the time I have had - and maybe apologise for the now dwindling wood supply, but it is there for winter right? this is very much winter).....---where was I?

---This is a Beautiful Place!!!

for now

tim out

Post a Comment

<< Home