::Tuesday, January 23, 2007::

A little gift for a man in solitude..

Saturday, day no.8 or 9 or something...Söderäsens National Park..

as many days without a sighting of another person amongst the trees I had emersed myself into. I was seated at my fire after a quick trip into tn for some supplies, just getting settled into my routine of relaxation in front of my fire when I heard a sound at the front door of this little hut. Immediately I feared the worst and my heart jumped into my throat, forestry commission..they've found me!!?? I'll be evicted for sure (for I am basically squatting in this little place with the open fire)
I listened as the footsteps took the same route I had the first time I came through the front. Around to the right, through the orm room of ply sheet wooden beds, into the kitchen and of course the push came at the door to my leftand through it came a flock of song birds in disguise as a bunch of theatre, film and graphic students from a nearby town.

The first was along haired, moustached cowboy as surprised at seeing me as I was at seeing him, the rest merged and peered over his shlder until the doorway was full of faces looking into the room I had so purposefully made my temporary home.

Foam matress folded in three, supported at the back by three chairs to make a comfortable back rest, food all over one table, paper all the rest and my books and the like spread around me. It would have been a sight I would imagine, bearded looking 'bushman' (they later donned me) sitting in his striped thermal underwear crowded with his essentials..

I was later informed that the evening ended at about 5am, with many hours spent gathering around a raging fire, laughs, food, song and beer to keep the night from dwindling..

A wonderful gift for a man in solitude..

The only downfall was the first hangover I had had in many a week..oooh, it was bad..

but well worth it!

Thankyou to you all if you ever read this..(and I still only knowthree of their names)

tim out

Post a Comment

<< Home