::Thursday, January 11, 2007::

2007 and beyond!

Welcome people to the brand new year!!

Trusting you all saw it in, in style!

My welcome was spent in the surrounds of the magnificently energised Dhamma centre in Belgium. A beautiful way to being in the new year! Meditating amongst the like minded in silence..

The manic flip through and out of Scotland was, as expected, manic..but all in all, perfectly executed! I spent christmas day in such a small little village in the western region, outside Gent, in a cosy wee pub, as this was the only place open - even the accomodation I had sought had shut down for the festivities, so the pub was the only option and once again I spent time in a lovely family atmosphere of the local, just down the road - you know the one, conversing by a means of hand signals, pen to paper, music and the ever trusting eyebrows..

Then onto Vipassanar after a few nights in my tent with the only visitors being the police thinking I was a gypsy - which upon reflection, I am.. Vipassanar - absolute magic. To try and put words to the 10 days there would be demeaning to the experience.

And once again, timing was perfect, as I then was off to Amsteradm to stay in a 1920s converted cargo ship-house boat in the Amsterdam harbour with Peter Den Dekker - classicly Dutch, Chi Kung teacher, accupuncturist. Time to be treasured, really, thankyou Peter! Much luck to you my friend, you're quite inspiring!

Im in Denmark now, on my way to a real winter in sweden. Caught a bus, as was dramtically cheap and I was too lazy to stick out the thumb. Was a touch confusing when at 3am we pulled in to what I thought was a pit stop for some food. Off the bus was with a 5 minute timelimit, or so I thought. I scaled the staircase to find myself in a bussling shopping centre. The disconcerting thing was to be the lack of ability to walk in a straight line. I hadnt has enought to drink to be in this state for weeks, but put it dopwn to waking up in the bus in an inverted yogi poisition, vertical, legs on the window. Got me a drink, ran down the stairs to resume the ride only to find the bus in some sort of loading bay surrounded by trucks, all locked up. It was then that I realised that I was on a ferry..muchos confusion for a momento..but it did explain the swaying..when I disembarked in Copenhagen at 6am, pitch black, my newly bought - cheap as deluxe french fries dripping in cheese curd and gravy, literally, its a piece of .... - mp3 player pulled out dee dum dee dum dum - " I'm on the road again!!"

Kopenhavn. Lots of rain. Time to leave now.

Metta to all my dear friends!

tim out..

Post a Comment

<< Home