::Thursday, January 25, 2007::

a thought..

This constant talk of past, present and future is more practical and obvious than I understood earlier.

On an intellectual level, I always realised that there was no reality aside from the present moment, but thee is a much deeper philosophy behind it than a mere intellectual understanding of time. And it is so practical, possibly the most practical understanding of self and surrounds one could have.

I have always spoken, to myself and to others about not living within the illusion. But I never had an understanding about what the illusion really was. Continually asking myself "what is the matrix?" I would put in down to breaking free from societys' grasp, free from the control of money and power and free from a need to social stature. The illusion is all of these but there is something vibrating so much deeper at the base of it all, and so much more obvious.

Everybody should regularily give themselves time to really contemplate what is real for them, what is truth.

In my contemplation and readings and meditation over the past year, there was one thing continuing to echo. And it wasn't until very recently that my mind and awareness clicked and made sense of it all. The realisation came about reading about Death. And it all became to clear.

Death is the key to truly living in the present. And The illusion is that of Permanence.

As much as people will say that they live for the present and in the present, without a real solid and true understading and acceptance of Death, it is quite impossible to do so. As much as you try to live in the present, your mind will constantly have the draw back to the future..."retirement, career, holiday, clothes, money...when will he stop rambling so I can get another beer?" all elements of the future.

The statement, "I may get hit by a bus tomorrow" is often used but is rarely understood. You may! And until you truly accept that you may, you will continue to have your mind secured firmly in the future. Or in the past, but both are fictional.

Milarepa spoke about a "deathless nature of mind". And until that is lived there will be no present moment. And we all will continue to live within the illusion of Permanence. I am not saying that I have a deathless nature of mind, but I now understand that route that needs to be taken to develop such a thing. Which everyone should give themselves the opportunity to do so.

Impermanence must be experienced.

tim out

Blogger Christina F thought ...

I like your thinking :)

3:01 am BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home