::Monday, August 07, 2006::

intermission before beach no. 6


Glasgow on a bright Monday morning in Summer with the clouds in the stratosphere in a glorious sight....and aside from the streams of cars drowning out the sounds of a waking city, the place is quite attractive.

Just spent a few days in edinburgh at the beginning of the fringe festival. got a ride down with a prawn lorry and arrived in the ol' town at about 2am. with pack on back I wondered - where to go, what to do?? so i figured the best option was to find myself a nice sheltered, comgfy hovel and get some rest. so, in complete contrast to that I found myself and open plan home and laid out my bed on some, well....mud is the best word. then I proceeded to lay and stare at the dark (yes!! scotland is getting dark now) star littereed sky (inconveniently blocked out by the lights of a pumping miniopolis) and spent the next 4 hours waiting for the rain to fall. which it didn't!! so my next day I wandered the streets to meet up with some dear friends in a state of dillusion.

then the festival kicked off!! luckily for a poor sod like me, I knew a few p[eople working for the ticketing/flyering of the stanbd ups. so free tickets were on the cards! above is a piccie from my new little auto digi shootie thingy from canon, kindly donated for documentary purposes, but you have to have a little fun with it dont you? this is the festival fever - remember, the cameras are always watching. not a bad result technically with only exp. compensation, backlit flash and a touch of mid exposure tilt...

picture this - a one man, one hour re-enactment of the Star Wars Trilogy. This guy was amazing! he did every voice, every sound effect, every damn language and ended up running around the stage in circles as he recreated each scene! what a crazy show, funny as .... . the next show was a kiwis indepth exploration of the geek in fashion. this was fairly amateurish, which made it even funnier. Edinburgh definately comes alive with th4e streets bursting at the seams with people, but it took me after a couple of days, and my arrival in glasgow was met with frustraion, impatience and severe case of anxst. So, the moment I get out of here the better. But my time here will be spent in communication with my new sponsors discussing ways in which we can formalise and professionalise my approach to the media and the polictical angle I am so damn terrible at. No one seems to listen when you simply chuck a hissy fit kicking and screaming with no real basis, dont know why?

anyhoo, be well everyone..and question everything, because its all crap and we've got it all wrong, not that I know what is right...


tim out

Post a Comment

<< Home