::Monday, May 15, 2006::

Day 9

These boots were made for walking..and thats just what they'll do..
The scottish roads are not designed..for walkers like me and you..
scariest damn roads you'll walk on!! inches between me and cliffs' both sides, trucks, traffic and tremendous amount of adrenalin!! 22kg on the back makes for slow reactions!

I have begun to be met with criticism, skeptisism, curious-ism...basically all the isms'. Including humour-ism, but then I would laugh at myself too if I saw me walking along steaming - yes steaming! Pants tucked into my red socks. walking stick with a blue rope - untwined - tied on like trassels. dripping wet from the beautiful scottish weather. and a number plate on the back of my pack. Aha!! finally legal on the roads I am!! just going to have to watch my speed now..I'm cruising at a solid 5km an hour and have that speed down pat..

but today, at the end of my 43rd km . . . pphhhh to 25km...the light had faded and I hit the wall like I had never done so before. I was absolutely motoring up until the point I put my pack down for my last break..then I literally could not move a muscle. I was stuck on the side on the road, seriously..stuck. until a motorist pulled up dragged me (nothing dodgy, just wanted to help) into his car, not with my objection though, I was delirious, talking crap and basically a mess..I have never felt so satisfied with an effort..even though I didn't make my goal of 51.8km, almost..not quite..

tim out

quote of the day -

scotsmans who have not left their own country their whole lives are bound to have few teeth. especially when their idea of a good camping trip is lots of drink and drugs....and of course we can't forget the fresh air. but the next comment was - "I can't smoke outside...too much fresh air.." ??!!

Anonymous Anonymous thought ...

Hey matey. Christo here.
Your blogs are a great read and lord stu of PIC is also a regular. Gonna tell more piccians about it too. cant say much at the mo, just that im alive and hope that you stay the same as well.
PEACE BRODDA.
talk soon

Ps. are you taking photos? (you better be!) if so send me some...i'll send of my new stuff in exchange.

caio

12:46 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home