::Saturday, May 13, 2006::

Day 7

Apparent rest day... :/

I ended day 6 with a quick skinny dip in Loch Long, much deserved after 12 miles, (sorry to any passing motorists that may have been slightly offended..) Twas a small Loch, I could see the other side, but I was sheltered by overlooking mountains and last glimpses of the sun - awesome! I spent that night camped on a rocky river bend, patiently caring for a small fire started with one match and no paper(getting better), curiously peering into the most mysterious woods I have ever seen. My little enchanted forest. For the age of this collective of pine trees, the old needles had dropped. Lightly forming a carpeted floor motionlessly rippling. So soft to the eye, and under the boot. Yet not so to the bare skinned face and hands. The price you pay for enchantenment.

Massive day yesterday. 16 miles - 25km basically non-stop. Arriving in Inveraray. I needed a break. So I walked in the George Hotel, and bartered a meal for an hour and a half of seriously hard trench digging. That did not help the pain. My Achilles Heels have become my achilles heel, they ache. But as with all pain, it passes with time - keep walking. Time for a therapeutic salt soak..

I spent today labouring away at the George, and great Scottish family pub - 135 years passed through the generations, highly recommended to anyone in the area of the beautiful little town. The back wrenchin cement mixin, diggin and labour has left me covered in a new mess. Now I need to barter for some new socks. So tomorrow will be my rest day - to the streets! for I have some money to raise.

To all the support texts - thankyou so very much, but I am out of range, and dont know when I will be back in so am contemplating bartering for a new mobile account...sketchy...we'll see. And to the Brodie's crew - You all ROCK and I will never forget the times we all had there!!

Tim out.

Quote of the day - (well..not really a quote more an observation..
Scottish people are more interested in supplying beer than food, hence their jolly nature - a history of unsanitary water leaves people with little options - beer it is!

Post a Comment

<< Home