::Thursday, May 11, 2006::

Day 4

Fire Crackling. What a beautiful sound. A sign of self sufficiency. I sit here on this river bed, waiting for my water to boil, in the pot donated to me by Lucy of the Ben Lomond Cottage, so I can enjoy a nice hot cup o' tea. Slow moving stream to my left, Loch Lomond to my right, birds above. That was my morning.

By the afternoon, I had left the side of Loch Lomond and the West Highland Way. I caught a ferry over the other side of the Loch, for the only people I was seeing were other walkers, and when I explained what I was doing, a response was, 'well we're walking too....so what.'

So now I am on the road, heading to Oban, through the valleys that these roads follow, but, have lost my map..so whether I get there or not is up to a stroke of luck and the help of passer by-ers. So now my map has become an object of ignorance and neglect by me, lying there on the side of the road - somewhere..

There is a new goal - keep you're eyes on this sight for updates.

Environmental Conservation through Global Education. My walk had been extended.

tim out


Quote of the day -

Solitary confinement in a vast expanse of equal matter.
No wonder the brain feels trapped and alone when it surrounded by its own ego.


or on a lighter side - when trying to a explain to a 62 year old lady the internet, who has never used a computer before, be wary of telling her to grab the mouse next to the keyboard . . . unless you are willing to catch an airborne elderly

Anonymous Anonymous thought ...

Dear Tim,
We hear that you are up shit creek without a map, but we just wanted to say cheers bro for picking up the rubbish and keeping it green! We'd also like to take this opportunity to invite you back to Brodie's to play with us. We miss you, we're a bit bored.
Lots of love,
Heather and Jen

8:22 pm BST  
Blogger somewhereinscotland thought ...

thanks guys..that was beautiful..

i'll be back one day..thats for sure..

keep smiling!

12:08 pm BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home