::Tuesday, May 09, 2006::

Day 3

If someone in a singlet, pants tucked into their unpaired socks, covered in mud and possibly a touch smelly (I couldn't tell) walked into your pub and asked for a meal in exchange for a couple hours work in the garden or what not, what wouold your reaction be...?
"My God...what drug is this guy on? better call the police..." was the face I got in response. I did manage to get a black garbage bag for some litter picking though, not without the old - "go wait in the hall while I get you one" . . she thought I was absolutely nuts..

The next place I went into I got a coffee (sorry - cappuccino) a good conversation and a meal 7 miles down the road..and after not eating for two days, what a meal it was!!

So after three days I have walked 42km, not quite the 25 per day I was hoping for, but, a new element has entered this stroll, which seems to be creating more attention, and affection ;), I have filled up four garbage bags with trash in the past three days, which is dramatically slowing down my progress, and destroying my energy levels. So . . . 5000km . . . . ??? main thing is -

I am travelling my way, seeing more than I ever would have hoped to before, meeting some incredible people and am completely removing any element of pollution from the air and litter from the ground - my environmental conservation action in an attempt to raise funds and awareness for Frontiers' environmental conservation action!!

Every piece of trash on the ground, be it large or small, is a moment of ignorance and neglect by the person who threw it. Each one is as important as the next.

tim out

Quote of the day -

The most precious times in life
are those when time itself means nothing at all
.

Post a Comment

<< Home